Piñata is the primary monster from Piñata: Survival Island, a movie released in 2002. The creature is an ancient piñata that was crafted and given the heart of a sacrificed pig by an isolated tribe on an island as a place to put their evil. When all the tribe members had placed their evil into the piñata, they set it adrift in the ocean. However, when a bolt of lightning hits the piñata, the evil that was contained by the piñata corrupts it and turns it into a demon.
The Piñata surfaced back on the island where a reality show is being placed at. When the Piñata is found by two of the contestants, they crack it open which unleashes the evil that was stored in it. As a result, the Piñata comes to life and becomes a demonic monster. The Piñata goes around slaughtering each of the contestants, and starts to gain newer forms as it progresses. When only three people were left, they set a trap for the Piñata where they try to kill it with fire. It fails, however. So when one of them is fighting against the Piñata, the other makes a Molotov Cocktail and handcuffs it to the Piñata's head. The three manage to get away while the Molotov Cocktail blows up and destroys the Piñata.
- Bob: Beaten to death with a big stick.
- Connie: Smashed in the back of the head by the side of shovel.
- Larry (off-screen): Hit with the shovel.
- Jake: Gets testicles and lower intestines ripped out.
- Julie (off-screen):Beaten to death with a big stick.
- Paul: Beaten to death by the Piñata's staff.
- Bob (off-screen): Ripped to pieces and had body parts tied up in a tree.
- Doug: Hanged from a tree by a vine around his neck.
- Carmen: Gets decapitated by the Piñata's weapon.
- Lisa (off-screen): Gets pulled into a tent and brutally killed.
- Transforming: The Piñata can transform into other more demonic-looking forms, giving it more strength and speed.
- Soul Sucking: Whenever the Piñata kills someone, that person's soul is sucked up by it.
- The Piñata was originally going to be just a guy in suit, but CGI was added in the final cut to make the monster more threatening.